Pages

12/11/2013

Back to the Basics. . .



           Extravagant Daily Time with Jesus. . .




  Abiding leads to fruit. . .
He who abides in me and I in Him bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5

The Greek word for abiding (meno) is connected to the Latin maneo – meaning house. From it we derive the English mansion. Abiding means to remain in one place, at a given time, with someone, to dwell with someone. John uses meno to express a reciprocal indwelling: we are in Jesus and Jesus in us.

The following incident took place in the month of May, about two years ago. . .

 



Worshiping The ONE, full of energy, praising, rejoicing, pouring my heart out, talking to my Dad, my best friend Jesus and slowly I sense fear kicking in…


He is the source of life, He is the sap, and this interaction is both constant and with special times of union. It is both the journey and the destination.



Well, let just say, standing in front of my family and friends, I was never felt stronger and braver but at the same time I was extremely nervous. I desperately wanted to explain how important it was to know Jesus and enjoy spending time in the secret place but I like - Peter, mumbled and tried my best to share my heart and make sure that they liked the sermon.


To be honest, I have heard over one thousand preachers preach and I wasn’t qualified but deep down, I tried explaining God’s heartbeat and literally made it short so that no one would pass out or fall asleep. Ha! Not that I was preaching long or talking too deep but I was afraid that the Holy Spirit would grip their hearts . . .

 
Abiding for me was not legalistic. Sure, I work at it – some days I don’t spend extravagant time with Jesus – but it is such a joy when I do. Lately, I have been shifting my priorities and I try to spend at least three hours Minimum. Like I said before, I breathe, eat, move, love and live because of Him. Life - It’s all about Jesus.
                                      


Men and women of God through the centuries have lived out this abiding truth. There are no heroes of faith who did not live out this extravagant lavishing of their time on Jesus. 

They were addicted to extravagant time in the presence of Jesus because it gave them life and joy and was the only thing that fulfilled them.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas this year. Yes, Jesus is the reason for the season. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment