Pages

11/10/2013

Surprises

  
  

  Lately, life in Jaipur has been really busy. I mean, Festivals continuous and at times if you were aware, you could sense in the spirit how dark and lifeless this world is.




 Well, as usual, God has been surprising me till date… As I was thinking of what to write, my mind quickly raced back and Ka-boom!! Flashback – There I was age 19, trying to live out my dream, following my passion but then I started thinking about my future, my goals, and it all ended shortly when I  that there was no hope, I saw myself as a failure in life. . .

There are days, when God just surprises you and I just happened to meet a friendly man who owns a store. Unbelievable, it’ as though I was back in Bangalore a year back, I started asking him few questions but ended up having a long conversation.

He wanted to learn English so that he could teach his wife and kids but there were few issues relating to his religious beliefs. They were from strong Hindu background; he said that he was a pundit, a Brahmin.  We had a small crowd staring at us but I felt the presence of God as I was trying to share and express the Father’s heart to him from my life as the cold started kicking in.






He started sharing about the Diwali – festival of lights and what his god has done for him. Meanwhile, I kept trying to push away the fears as I patiently began to explain who Jesus is and that Jesus is really the light of the world.

I am consistently and constantly blown away by His love for me. I’m still learning but there are those few precious moments when His love and Favor rests so powerfully on me, that I just get on my knees and start thanking and praising Him...

A week later, nine young guys who used to come to our Sunday evening programs came up to me and asked if I was willing to help them learn football and Jesus! I was stunned, because, I knew that their families were from non-Christians and for them to see and get a small glimpse that they were missing life was just mind blowing.

Like I said before, looking back, it was God all along. There was never a good day or a bad day, there are some days that God allows you to rest and enjoy in His grace and there are other days where He allows us to endure in His grace.





He has been continuously surprising me and answering my prayers. He has been opening up many doors that were shut. I clearly see that whatever decisions I prayed about, His favor has been resting on me.  which is extremely marvelous and all I can say is that I am enjoying and learning to rest in who He truly is.

We can start loving other things; we can get into ministry even and grow in the church, doing all this stuff… but forget who Jesus really is? What He has done for me and we can go on and on…

There are some questions I consistently ask myself - Do I love you Jesus more than everything, do I count everything else as loss or am I still in love with Him as a person. . .

I keep reminding myself that whatever I do for anyone here on earth, I am actually storing up treasures in Heaven. There is a direct link between what we do, act and believe that connects with the heavenly realm.

                                                                                                              Uncommon Love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment