Pages

8/10/2013

Childlike Faith


                                 Don’t you just hate it when God gives you the word! So, after updating my last blog, I asked God what He was going to teach me this month. I really longed to please Him and He smiled big and said… Childlike Faith! 

         
                Started this month by trying to live out what I had been learning from the book – The Shack and it’s seriously changed my understanding of God.  A question I constantly ask myself is what did I do to deserve this life? What great thing I did that God keeps pursing me with kindness, and day in day out he always pours out His love on me??? What did I do??? I keep reminding myself the simple answer- NOTHING!!! I am so in awe of Jesus.



                I started reading the book – what on earth am I here for by Rick Warren. Some of the statements he quotes are so bold and so true; I was amazed by him because he couldn’t have written a book that could touch millions if he didn’t have deep intimacy with the creator.  It’s the same with many of the books I have read, even the bible- yes, they are all good stories but they were stories that people actually lived out! There is something that God puts in each of us that makes us draw close to Him.
               From my childhood, I was taught the word of God, Jesus was always the centre of our home! We’ve seen many miracles as a family and also I have seen God come through for me almost every time I share my heart to Him. My all-time favorite preacher, well, for me- it’s my mother…. I have listened to her teach/preach on contending prayer!!! It’s been a big blessing growing up in a family where we know how to pray, how to lead, the bible is taught word for word, and as I recall, we were taught about the deep things, important things that matter to God at a young age.

            So, contending prayer…. We all have been fighting in prayer for Arumai! There was a time when I was asking, crying, begging and pleading God to heal Arumai… When I finally became upset that she turned 4 and she wasn’t healed I just shouted at God saying…. Please God, if possible let me have her sickness and heal her!

          Yes, I know that sound dumb, but I know deep down in my heart that He adores me, that he leaps in joy over me! Even in my biggest problems, I know He hears every word I say. He was teaching me about having childlike faith!  When my precious mom spoke to me and informed me that Arumai might be healed 100%, I kid you not, tears of joy started flowing. I wish I could see a glimpse of how the heaven was celebrating.  Something was changed inside my hard heart; I knew God could do anything and everything.  My faith was strengthened. God is so unpredictable.

            I have been studying  and meditating on Psalms 23, I have never actually done a deep study and I know all in all that if I’m cast away, forsaken, trouble surrounds me, I have Jesus! What or who can compare to Him??? Just think about this, having God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit with you, does death mean anything to you?
 



No, when life gets tough, when you’re overwhelmed with doubt, or when you wonder if living for Christ is worth the effort, remember that you are not home yet. At death you won’t leave home- you’ll go home. (Life is a temporary assignment).
 

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for what He is doing in your life bro. I love your blog. It's amazing. God bless you blessed man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo, praying for you. Love your heart!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete