Pages

3/11/2013

Praise you in the storm

                 The reception was beautiful... K-home rocks!! Said goodbye’s to my family and was off to Jaipur. I’m so thankful to my family and friends for everything. I praise God for my time back in Bangalore I was so encouraged and refreshed. I’m so blessed to have such a wonderful family... Love my family so much ...  I just can’t wait to see them in April. 

       Happy to be back in Jaipur but from my point of view, lot has changed in 3 months... It’s either extremely hot or extremely cool. I am learning the language and finding the culture a lot different from south. 

  
        As I recall, the last blog update, I wrote about F.O.G.- but I see that every day in my life and am so thankful. Well, this month, I have been earnestly seeking God and trying to find out why things are getting hard day by day. One day, I prayed asking God to test me, since I was studying from the life of Job and BOOM!!! Never saw what was ahead.. Problems day after day, night after night... 


          I wasn’t like dying but everyday there would be something new that would surprise me and I guess I wasn’t totally aware until I paused and looked to Dadda. Job was successful and was so blessed but when he was put to the test that’s when I saw who he truly was. He was so pure, a man who shunned evil and feared God. I saw my life and when trouble or storms kept hitting me, for the very first time, I stopped complaining but started rejoicing...
 

 I started pushing through instead of getting angry. I kept asking myself... Boo, can you think of one good reason, why you should blame God for what is happening to you? And I would just get alone, cry and thank Jesus for everything that He has done and is still doing.
I’m not going to share all the details but it was hard, there were several nights I had these crazy demonic dreams and so on.  I am so happy and thankful that with Jesus by my side, I can overcome and stand strong. I want to share this short verse which spoke to me:- You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy (James 5:11).
I am still fighting and learning to carry the cross daily and follow Jesus. It’s really simple to make commitments but to actually live them out. If job could be so pure and Elijah so righteous who both feared God. Surely, I can. After all, the Bible says, Job was a man just like you and me and also Elijah if you check out (James 5:17).
I want to be put to the test but come out victorious or die trying... Jesus is so worth it! I want to let my life song sing about Jesus. I’m happy that through the testing of our faith, we grow... I really wish I could share how happy I am that I have fought these struggles and won. Our God is an awesome God, and He hears our cry, our prayer.
 
                 What am I doing as of now???
Good question... For the first six months, I will be a learner in Jaipur. Learning the language, culture and also will be helping out with Cornerstone. Learning and helping out with sound, media and other technical related work. I also am helping coach young-ling's to rise up and become great stars in football. I help out with Kids during the days and I enjoy helping out in Sunday evenings. We have some kids from the neighborhood who come for 2 hours or so and we play games, share bible stories, activities and share about Jesus’ love. More than everything, I mostly cherish this time. They are so precious and I’m so blessed to be able to pour into these kids life.


 
Thank you so much for pouring into my life. You have been a big blessing to me. Like Tammy ma (my mom) says- you were blessed to be a blessing...




Jesus, Shine your light in Jaipur...








No comments:

Post a Comment