Pages

11/15/2012

Outreach

In the last blog update, I wrote that I was doing good but my team was not but it all turned out different. We returned back from Jodhpur and we were all sick:( For one whole week. We all had blood check up but the funny thing was that I wasn't serious but the two other guys had starting stages of typhoid:(:(. That was a shock to all of us. We never got 100% well till date but we keep pushing and helping each other. So the second part of our outreach started with us being sick. 

We started our outreach when we were doing much better. We would gather up daily and spent time praying and stepping out and believing that God would move in Jaipur. We would come together and go different places. We would go on prayer walks during the day and visit temples. 

We started visiting Mother Teresa's old age home, Slum, streets, temples, children's home, church, parks, malls and more...

We would pray that each one of us would be a blessing. Many things changed after our first outreach. I have noticed that our team got along much better and we started practicing acts 2:44-47(a)... It was really cool, amazing and so beautiful. I wished we saw signs and miracles but saw many hearts being opened..

I personally enjoy going to Mother Teresa and helping out there. We usually help wash clothes, clean, mop. It's extremely fun and tiring.. We had the opportunity to share our testimony. What I mean by "testimony is... The goodness of God in your life". It's not your history.. History is who you were before you knew Jesus.. So, I shared about the kindness and the goodness of Jesus in my life in english, had Captain Jack sparrow translate.. but one of the sisters started translating in the middle. We all shared and enjoyed testifying the goodness of Jesus in our lives. As we were about to leave, many of them came over to me and said thank you or (dhanyawadh), that it blessed and encouraged them. That evening as I was thinking of the day, I recalled that I was actually the one who was blessed, I was encouraging myself and remembering the goodness of God in my own life. He is so good. His loves for me goes on and on and on... 



One big thing that I started learning from the famous or popular verse of "love"- being patient, kind, gentle, caring, holds no record of wrong, compassionate... The one thing that I am learning a lot from is that Love hold no record of wrong:).. Take a deep look into that.. I was puzzled.. That is huge, Jesus loves everyone one of us.. It takes God to love God. Our love for God comes out of His love. I cannot love God on my own. He is love and that's why He sent His son, Jesus. He doesn't hold record of our wrongs, our sins... My sins... He loves is new and I know deep down that He is so in love with me. I started looking and not blaming others for their past mistakes or just judging them. I started to show love and not hold record of every wrong... This was so amazing.. He never holds us for what we do, we live by grace and His love goes on... for me and for you... So, I want to stop and start practicing love but more so, the love of Jesus...

Started to help in clean ups daily... We did have a schedule but would help out daily, there were good days and bad days but now I see them as days of grace.. Everyday is a day of grace beloved. So, even when it hurt someone hurt me a lot, i still help out and keep speaking truth to myself. I clearly see that Dadda has been teaching me so much in many areas. You're so awesome. 

P.s- this pic was taken in the slum that we used to visit and minister.. Pramod posted this pic on fb and this is what he wrote:):) "KungFu??? hey guys matthew,varsha,boo does this picture remind you of ur childhood? if we could have meet fifteen years back we wud luk something this. :)"

Love and cherish my time here with them so much. Thanks guys for being a blessing. You guys are truly amazing and so inspiring.. Will miss you. 

Our MDTS will end on the 23rd... I will miss the FELLOWSHIP a lot.. and what I mean by that is, my team.. We have funny names for our team. - The amazing photographer, fun, loving, creative genius, phenomenal PRAMOD A.K.A (Captain Jack Sparrow)... I enjoyed and have been learning about photography and editing from him. MATTHEW and VARSHA are engaged. So, you would possibly guess the name that I was thinking.. "Star cross Lovers".. Seriously, the coolest, best, (a term they usually use often- down to earth) wonderful friends I know. Well, Unfortunately as for me (Bhuvenese), the youngest... the innocent, pure and so on... the ring bearer, Frodo Baggins. 


So, on 23rd the tributes will each get crowned and return back to their own Districts. sadly and finally the fellowship will break on the 24th as I head to Delhi and from Delhi to Bangalore on the 27th late evening...  

Will update some more later.. Got one amazing story of how God used this crazy small man. Who was able to have an impact in a specific area that he desperately wanted to.  

Diwali here was extremely cool... Nothing like back home.. There was not even a moment of peace in our neighborhood. Pink City was just amazing de-light-ful... :):)


Will update some more later.. Got one amazing story of how God used this crazy small man. Who was able to have an impact in a specific area that he desperately wanted to.  




No comments:

Post a Comment