Pages

3/13/2014

ACTS




      Adoration: I praise Jesus, love Him, exalt Him, worship Him for who bible say He is.

      Confession: I confess my sin and failures. I also confess who God is. I often do this out Loud
- confessing the powers in the heaven.

      Thanksgiving: I thank Jesus for His created world, for friends, family, favor, health, blessings. For the Holy Spirit, for the prevailing blood, for the Word, for all He has done and all He is.

     Supplication: I make my petitions known.

    - ACTS. . . 

    This past month, I have noticed how interesting our actions can be. I've learned and still learning that my actions should match my words and my life should be a blessing.

   I am busy with work here. I spend 20 hrs/ a week coaching football, both with at-risk boys from our very poor community and with youth. I enjoy it tremendously. I love football (soccer), but I love using it as a way to reach these boys with the GOOD NEWS even more! 


    
  I remember this particular moment when I was on the ground, just twisted my right ankle for the third time, feeling dizzy and uncomfortable. The others who were near me helped me up and asked me to rest but I just said “fat chance” and got back on the field. Nothing amazing happened but the next week, a guy from the team walks over and says to me – thank you so much for encouraging me, you’re the only one who pushes and challenges me and walked away. I was stunned. In whatever I do, I now know that I have a choice to praise God and encourage and move on or just ignore His voice, be a thorn and grumble about life.


     
  We just finished our first season with the youth but I can clearly see that many of the guys have been opening up and sharing their hearts to me. I've been sharing and encouraging three youths and now my friend Watts comes to my church which is really cool. We meet every second Saturday, hangout and he has been pouring out his life to me. He has been asking lots of questions!!! He has been through a lot and his mom walked away but she is now back. He is very close to the TRUTH. Pray for breakthrough and pray that God would give me the right words to share!!




            I know that everyone is precious to Jesus and what really amazed me was how people often responded when I invited them to come to Church. After a long time I was seriously surprised at how shy I was, when it came to sharing the Gospel to my friends and neighbors. I prayed and went out and started inviting my neighbors, friends. Few of them did show up and I believe God has begun a beautiful work in their lives. I ought to live like Christ so that those around me will know and see how amazing Jesus truly is. Guess I will have to work on that, I know I’m not perfect but I, see myself as a person who loves God deeply and sins occasionally.


 
     We love to cheer for the underdog and believe in our core that every life makes a difference and we are right. There is no one God can’t use and no one whose brokenness is too broken for God. God is bigger than your history and more concerned with your destiny Beloved. . . 





No comments:

Post a Comment